- Competently and confidently teaching a 2 hour Sivananda yoga class; gaining versatile teaching skills including teaching beginners, intermediate and advanced classes; exploring different techniques to teach children, the elderly, and prenatal yoga.
- Finding greater flexibility and comfort in the personal practice of asanas (postures); energizing the body and calming the mind through the practice of pranayama (breathing); maintaining physical and mental purity through the practice of kriyas (cleansing); yogic diet and nutrition; human anatomy and physiology.
- Meditation techniques and theory.
- The practice of chanting and repetition of mantras.
- The practice of selfless service.
- Study of the timeless teachings of the Bhagavad Gita and other ancient yogic texts; yoga philosophy and psychology.
Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training Course
December 4 - 31, 2013
January 4 - 31, 2014
February 3 - March 2, 2014
March 5 - April 1, 2014
April 4 - May 1, 2014
May 5 - June 1, 2014
Learn how to bring the wonderful benefits of classical Yoga to others and take your personal practice to a deeper, more meaningful level during this 200-hour level intensive training course.