Explore various dimensions of healing with sound: the scientific, the yogic, the creative, and the shamanic. Such practices promote a state of euphoria leading to enhanced wellness and greater success in all areas of life. This course combines master classes, lectures, devotional chanting sessions, clinics, movement, and music making. It offers a precious opportunity to experience the transformative power of sound and music with two renowned scholars and clinicians.
Special emphasis will be given to voice development, creative expression, and recent molecular research on sound and its systems applications in modern stress theory and all forms of healing. Learn how to incorporate the gift of opening the voice in your personal life and deepening the nature of your practice with a renewed spiritual emphasis. Teachings can be integrated into all healing modalities including medicine, nursing, chiropractic, osteopathy, psychotherapy, bodywork, music performance, wellness and Yoga classes, and all energy therapies.
Topics of this course include:
- The Science of Sound, Voice & Yoga: methods to integrate sound, chanting, Yoga, and healing, using the ancient energy principles based on modern scientific research
- Tuning Your Nervous System: BioSonic tuning forks apply sound to the body to help manage pain and increase joint mobility
- Balancing the 5 Elements through Music, Voice & Movement
- Devotion through Sound: Shabda, Nada Yoga, Bhava Yoga, Bhakti chants and Kirtan, Tantric chanting, sound mudras, and medicine melodies to unite with the flow of the Divine
- Release Points of Tension & Flexibility in the Voice: practices based on ancient and modern vocal technique to assist any voice impediment
- Musical Expression & Technique: become familiar with the 108 Vocal-Art Strategies of Yoga of the Voice training to compose and share healing sound and music
- Vocal Metabolism: stimulate the brain and enhance memory through call and response chanting
- The Singing Spine & the Chakra System: scanning and vocal purification practices open, cleanse, and revitalize the energy centers and the subtle body
- Mystic Scales & the Art of Melody: Raga singing and Rasas
- Musical Shamanism: the indigenous and primordial experience of cosmic sound and nature.
- Sound & Consciousness: the art and science of euphoria — trance, ritual, and ceremonial sound awaken luminous states of consciousness and a joyous sense of well-being.
- Clinics & Supervised Practice Time
- Sacred Sound Ceremonies: uninterrupted sessions of vocal meditation, kirtan, mantra power, shamanic journey, and the repetition of syllables with an intent. Each practitioner will take home a personal musical sadhana.
It is not required that you be a musician to take this course. Everyone, regardless of musical training, will learn to use music and sound to heal.
Advance Yoga of Sound & the Voice: A Practicum will be offered immediately following the conclusion of the course.