Combine Ayurveda and yoga with traditional recovery tools for a more holistic approach to addiction and self-destructive behaviors. The course offers tools and a comprehensive approach to wellness, emotional sobriety, and sustained spiritual development using Ayurveda and yoga as extension therapies to any 12-step work. Designed for yoga teachers and health professionals who work with people recovering from addiction and for people with personal histories or family members with histories of addiction, upon completion of the course you will have the skills to introduce the healing potential of the holistic sciences of Ayurveda and yoga into your own life and those around you.
If you are already a yoga teacher, this certification will make you uniquely qualified and more confident to teach yoga in rehabilitation centers or to people recovering from addiction. You will fully understand the root of substance abuse/behavioral problems and the holistic approach to treatment using a full range of therapies for mind, body and spirit.
Topics of this course include:
• Root causes of addiction
• Addictive tendencies of the doshic types
• The role of prana in recovery (diet, exercise, hatha yoga)
• Understanding the gunas
• Our spiritual/psychological natures
• Four paths of yoga for those in recovery
• Raja Yoga and the 12 steps
• Ayurvedic nutrition
• The importance of proper daily and seasonal routines
• Key recovery tools
• Satsang support: fellowship
• Ayurvedic counseling profiles
• Detoxification and herbal therapies.