Pancha Karma is a sacred process that has profound healing effects on all levels of being: body, mind, emotions and spirit. It is a process for releasing toxins and re-balancing the body followed by rejuvenation. The Pancha Karma process consists of a preparatory phase (Purva Karma), which includes a restricted diet, daily internal and external oleation, self massage and other individually prescribed practices. The second phase, Pancha Karma, is the actual five actions of cleansing, which may include purgation and enemas. These are supported by a mono diet fast, cleansing herbs, asana, pranayama, meditation, silence, journaling, spending time in nature and rest. The third and final phase, Paschat Karma, or the rejuvenation phase, includes the reintroduction of an appropriate balancing diet and an appropriate daily ayurvedic routine along with internal and external oleation. The first and third stages may be started or completed at home. The process requires a two - three week commitment, partially at home and partially at the Yoga Retreat. It is done under the one to one guidance of a practitioner.
Benefits of Panchakarma:
- Eliminates toxins from the body and mind
- Restores constitutional balance, improving health and wellness
- Strengthens immune system
- Reverses effects of stress on the body and mind, slowing the aging process
- Brings about deep relaxation and sense of well-being
* We recommend scheduling treatments in advance in order to secure the date. For more information please contact Lalita Devi, the Well-Being Center Director, at Lalitadevi@sivananda.org. The Well-Being Center is open from December to June.