The Foundation Courses embibe ancient yogic wisdom combined with experience accumulated over nearly a century by Swami Vishnudevananda and his disciples. They cover the five points of yoga, as presented by Swami Vishnudevananda for inner and outer health and peace:
- Proper Exercise (Asanas) - Yoga poses help develop a strong, healthy body by enhancing flexibility and improving circulation.
- Proper Breathing (Pranayama) - Deep, conscious breathing reduces stress and many diseases.
- Proper Relaxation - Helps keep the body from going into overload mode, easing worry and fatigue.
- Proper Diet - Eating simple, healthy and vegetarian foods that are easy to digest notably have a positive effect on the mind and body, as well as the environment and other living beings.
- Positive Thinking and Meditation
In the serene and supportive environment of the ashram, you will find the perfect setting to experience the multitude benefits of the practice of yoga, which will inspire you to deepen and expand your practice.
While it is possible to take one or some of the Foundation Courses, it is recommended to take the whole series for a complete experience, which will establish your practice on a broad and stable base. For some, the Yoga Teach Training Course will be a natural continuation of such courses.