Choose one of these core Sivananda programs to start and/or develop a yoga or meditation practice. Offered year-round, each comprehensive course offers enjoyable, experiential learning and practical tools for creating vitality, happiness, and health. In the serene and supportive environment of the ashram, you will find the perfect setting to experience the multitude benefits of yoga, which will inspire you to deepen and expand your practice.
These courses draw on ancient yogic wisdom for establishing inner and outer health and peace, and incorporate the 5 points of yoga as shared by Swami Vishnudevananda. These are:
- Proper Exercise (Asanas) - Yoga poses help develop a strong, healthy body by enhancing flexibility and improving circulation.
- Proper Breathing (Pranayama) - Deep, conscious breathing reduces stress and many diseases.
- Proper Relaxation - Helps keep the body from going into overload, easing worry and fatigue.
- Proper Diet - Eating simple, healthy and vegetarian foods that are easy to digest notably have a positive effect on the mind and body, as well as the environment and other living beings.
- Positive Thinking and Meditation