The Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat is part of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres, a non-profit organization named after Swami Sivananda, one of the most influential spiritual teachers of the 20th century, and founded by his disciple Swami Vishnudevananda.
In 1959, Swami Vishnudevananda established the first Sivananda Yoga Vedanta centre in Montreal, Canada, and to date there are close to 60 Sivananda locations (ashrams, yoga centers, and affiliated centres) around the world.
Find out more about the International Sivananda Yoga organization and the 9 Sivananda ashrams worldwide:
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Camp, Val Morin, Quebec, Canada
- Sivananda Yoga Ranch, Woodburne, New York
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm, Grass Valley, California
- Sivananda Yoga Retreat, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram, Neyyar Dam, Kerala, India
- Sivananda Kutir, Himalayas, Netala, Uttarkashi, India
- Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Meenakshi Ashram, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Seminarhaus, Tyrol, Austria
- Ashram de Yoga Sivananda, Orleans, France
The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Ashrams and Centres are recognized worldwide for teaching yoga authentically, preserving its purity and tradition dating back several thousand years.
We also invite you to listen to audio archives of Swami Vishnudevananda, recorded in a variety of countries in public forums, satsangs, Teacher Training Courses, symposia, and on peace missions.