Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course in the Bahamas
Take Your Practice to the Next Level.
Designed for certified yoga teachers, the Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course (ATTC) is a four-week immersion into advanced yogic practices. When you graduate, you will receive Yoga Acharya, or Master of Yoga, certification.
Whether you’re an active yoga teacher, or a certified yoga teacher who would like to strengthen your own practice, this course offers the ideal training for expanding and deepening your knowledge and advancing on your spiritual path. The ATTC fulfills the requirements for the Yoga Alliance RYT-500 certification.
Through in-depth work, both physical and mental, the ATTC will provide you with valuable tools to advance your asana and pranayama practice, take your Self-study (Swadhyaya) to the next level, and create a distinguished approach to your teaching. As your personal practice is established on a firmer and broader base, your teaching skills and authentic confidence naturally flow and manifest as an increase in teaching opportunities.
5 GOOD REASONS TO TAKE THE ADVANCED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
1. You’ve been teaching and would love to advance your skills.
2. You haven’t been teaching and could use a jumpstart.
3. You want another opportunity to dive deep into yoga practice and wisdom.
4. You know in your heart it’s the next right step on your spiritual path.
5. You could use a month of sadhana in a beautiful beachfront setting.
Graduation from the Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC) or Integral Yoga Teacher Training Course is required to enroll in Advanced TTC.
Those taking the TTC in December or March can take the TTC and ATTC back-to-back, receiving a 10% discount on the total tuition for both and qualifying for 500-hour registration with Yoga Alliance.
Only in ashrams can students really start on the spiritual path, do intense sadhana, and get into the vibration. —Swami Vishnudevananda
The cost for the Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course is:
Tent Space = $2,400 (available November – May)
Dormitory = $3,255
Tent Hut = $3,490 (available November – June)
Garden Room Single = $5,275 (June, July and November); $5,677 (December-May)
Garden Room Doubles are sometimes available; please contact [email protected] for more information.
Prices include tuition, accommodation, two daily meals, the course manual, and all classes. Rates are in US dollars. A Bahamian VAT tax of 7.5% is NOT included and will be added.
Students registering simultaneously for the Yoga Teacher Training Course and the Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course (500-hour Yoga Alliance Certification) will receive a 10% discount on the total fee for both courses.
A $300 deposit is required when you register in order to guarantee your place. The balance is due upon arrival.
- Hatha Yoga: find new angles to your practice with advanced variations and prolonged holding of the asanas (postures); learn to better manage your energy flow with advanced pranayama (breathing), mudras (energy seals) and bandhas (energy locks).
- Jnana Yoga (the Yoga of Wisdom): expand your knowledge and get inspired to take your Self study (Swadhyaya) to the next level with the study of Vedanta philosophy including study of Jnana Yoga theory and Vedantic meditation techniques.
- Sanskrit: learn the Sanskrit alphabet and correct pronunciation and spelling of mantras and hymns.
- Raja Yoga: dive deeper into your mind through an in-depth study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- Bhakti Yoga: open your heart to true love through studies of the nine modes of Bhakti and the five attitudes of devotion (Bhavas).
- Karma Yoga: explore Karma Yoga as an inner attitude of selfless service.
4:30 am: Wake up
5:00 am: Pranayama
6:00 am: Satsang (meditation, chanting, lecture)
8:00 am: Asana Practice
9:00 am: Anatomy & Physiology
10:00 am: Brunch
11:00 am: Karma Yoga
12:00 pm: Study of Raja Yoga or Sanskrit
2:00 pm: Main Lecture on Vedanta
4:00 pm: Asanas & Pranayama
6:00 pm: Dinner
8:00 pm: Satsang (meditation, chanting, lecture)
- ATTC students have the option to respectfully leave satsang at 9:30pm.
10:00 pm: Lights Out
Students enjoy special programs, festivals, concerts and symposiums that are offered during evening satsangs (for a list of programs see our Calendar of Events.
There is one weekly day off. During the day off students are only required to attend morning and evening satsangs and to perform their Karma Yoga. During their free time, students are welcome to enjoy the services of the Well-Being Center or the daily workshops offered at the ashram; students can also explore the ashram’s vicinity or take the time to rest on the beach or in the garden.
* Attendance at all activities is mandatory. Changes in the program may occur from time to time.
From our graduates:
The ATTC enhanced my spiritual development, self and collective understanding, and commitment to develop karma yoga projects. Overall, I have a more genuine sense of what it means to be a yogi.
—April 2015 graduate
The ATTC is a solid program. The Sivananda ashram has an abundance of top teachers, an incredibly array of programming, and a beautiful and pure lineage.
In addition to the course material which provided an expanded awareness for meditation, every satsang enhanced the learning with presentations from renowned scientists, musicians, and healers alike. I am forever grateful to Swami Sivananda and Swami Visnudevananda for sharing the path and creating the opportunity. I am closer to Peace, closer to Self and burning with desire to share.
It was challenging. The discipline was good to help reset daily habits that do not serve me. All my teachers were inspiring and full of love.
By far the most comprehensive, complete, and authentic Yoga Teacher Training program I have ever seen. The full immersion in yogic lifestyle was very rewarding!
ATTC was an amazing experience! Great group, great teachers, great time! The location is beautiful! This place is where I go when I need peace, silence, and yoga. Highly recommended.
The dedication of all of the teachers to maintaining a consistent message reflecting Swami Sivananda’s teachings is very inspiring. The retreat is a place of love where you feel safe to challenge yourself and explore your limits with the support of knowledgeable, caring people.
—Rukmini (Pat Russell)
A truly transformational experience both spiritually and mentally. I was overwhelmed by the ashram experience in the beginning, however, I have grown to love the community, the spirit, the energy, and the people.
The teachers and my classmates are amazing, knowledgable, friendly, and open-hearted. It was pleasant just to be in their company.
The Sanskrit & Vedanta classes were inspirational, as were Iswara’s asana classes — a real blessing. Thank you!
The best yoga teachers are the ones who practice deeply themselves. Ready to take your personal practice to the next level? Learn about others who did the same and received their Masters of Yoga certification.
- Advanced Yoga Teacher Training: A Conversation with Amelia Travis
- Masters of Yoga: Recent TTC Graduates Share Their Stories