Autumn Apple Crisp
It’s apple-picking season around North America and they are in abundance. Need something to do with all those apples? Here’s the perfect fall-inspired sweet treat that’s simpler than a pie, and just as delicious!
7-9 medium-large apples
Lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp arrowroot starch
1/4 cup water (you can also use apple juice)
1 cup rolled oats or quick oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar (cane sugar or coconut sugar recommended)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius)
- Remove cores and cut apples into quarters. Then thinly slice each quarter lengthwise.
- Mix apples in a large bowl along with the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Empty mixing bowl into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Clean mixing bowl and then mix all topping ingredients in the bowl
- Pour toppings evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until until the filling bubbles. (Apples should be tender and topping should be golden.)