On-the-Go Yogi Snack Packs
When the slow and relaxed energy of summer starts to speed up into the fall and winter months, it’s vital we have the proper nourishment to keep us going — especially with the demands of a busy lifestyle.
Take a look at our top four model snack pack ideas for health-conscious yogis. You can quickly prepare each item the night before, or you can take a little time on the weekend to prepare your snack packs for the week.
Remember to opt for reusable tupperwares or a lunch box to reduce your plastic!
Snack Pack 1: For Sweets and Fruit Lovers
- Fruit Smoothies. Blend a large smoothie and keep it in a insulated cooling thermos. Toss some greens in there too!
- Bananas and Oranges. They’re the perfect on-the-go food with their own biodegradable packaging!
- Fruit-Infused Oatmeal. Soak your oats overnight in water or almond milk, along with fruits in season. Feel free to add some spice, like cinnamon with apple!
Model 2: For Savory Snackers
- Dehydrated Root Veggie Chips. Thinly slice beets, carrots, and potatoes, season with your favorite herbs or spices, and put them in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 hours. Don’t forget to set a timer! You can also put them at a higher heat if you’re pressed for time.
- Kale Chips. Massage kale with oil, nutritional yeast, and paprika. Spread thinly on tray and place in the oven at 180 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Veggie sticks. Slice up some red peppers, carrots, celery, and cucumber. You might want to also pack a dip or make your own.
Model 3: To Keep You Fuller Longer
- Guacamole. Mix 1 avocado with some diced tomato, cilantro, and salt. Bring some sliced veggies or veggie chips for dipping … or you can simply eat it with a spoon.
- Veggies with Tahini. Stir your tahini paste with water and lemon juice. Slice red peppers, carrots, celery and cucumber to dip.
- Savory Veggie Mash. Soak overnight oats, and add in any cooked vegetables of your choice, including broccoli, carrots, greens, or cauliflower. Add a little bit of tamari or Bragg’s liquid amino acid to add some savory flavoring. You’ll stay fuller longer from the protein and fiber.
You can also try a balanced combination. Mix and match any of the options above. Happy snacking!